- An athletic person or a person in good physical condition will not have any problem of adaptation to high altitude.
- One must go to high altitudes to oxygenate better.
- Do not drink or drink very little liquids to prevent edema.
- Headache = sunstroke and/or alcoholic beverages.
- Insomnia is a result of lack of comfort.
- Drinking plenty of fluids facilitates the adaptation to high altitudes.
- It is necessary to limit physical efforts during the first three days.
- Eating heavy meals leads to difficult and slow digestion. Avoid discomfort.
- For pregnant women it is not advisable to make sudden changes in altitude during the last 3 months of gestation.